ASCON Releases KOMPAS-3D V14, Most Powerful Version Ever
Parametric 3D CAD Solution Features Direct Variation Modeling
St. Petersburg, Russia: October 29th, 2013 – ASCON Group, a leading developer of high-performance CAD/AEC/PLM software systems, is pleased to release KOMPAS-3D V14. This professional computer-aided design system for mechanical engineers is distinguished by its powerful features for 3D and 2D design processes, along with a user-friendly interface, easy to learn functions, and flexible collaboration with third-party software – all of which are enhanced by its reasonable price.
The new release of KOMPAS-3D features more than 100 enhancements to increase the productivity of users. V14 does this through faster operations, improved usability, and simplified product development. The result is fewer errors made during the design-to-product development process.
ASCON is excited to announce the highlights of KOMPAS-3D V14:
- Designs and edits using direct variation modeling
- Displays and directly edits dimension values of selected elements
- Store revisions in models
- Recalculates models based on tolerances
- Enhances 3D arrays
- Improves the hole wizard
- Adds to the KOMPAS-3D suite
Direct Variation Modeling
KOMPAS-3D V14 allows users to directly edit models in variation mode using geometrical and dimensional constraints. Direct variation modeling makes it possible to modify 3D models without construction history, including ones imported from other CAD systems. This new form of easy and flexible editing means that users can work in KOMPAS-3D with – or without – history, as they prefer.
Dimensions of Selected Elements
KOMPAS-3D R14 now displays linear and angular values of numeric parameters on the screen as users create and edit elements. To change the value of a parameter, users simply edit the value of the dimension.
Revisions Stored in Models
KOMPAS-3D R14 adds the ability to store all revisions in the model. This means users can now work with all versions the model underwent. Revisions are stored in the new Versions tab of the Design Tree and in the Document Manager.
Model Tolerance Calculations
KOMPAS-3D R14 now allows users to recalculate the geometry of models using the tolerance field. This means that users can change models using defined tolerances, such as upper or lower limits, middle of the tolerance range, or with a factor.
3D Array Enhancements
KOMPAS-3D R14 enhances arrays with linked tables to make them more flexible. In all arrays, users can now create tables of editable variables that change values in array instances. The values in the table create different sizes of elements in an array.
Hole Wizard Improvements
KOMPAS-3D R14 adds commands to create a rich variety of hole types:
- Simple holes
- Holes with countersinks
- Holes with counterbores
- Holes with countersinks and counterbores
- Conical holes
Additions to the KOMPAS-3D Suite
KOMPAS-3D R14 expands its value through the addition these feature-filled add-ons:
- Materials Library applies physical and mechanical material properties to 3D models.
- Cable 3D designs electric harnesses and cables in KOMPAS-3D.
- KOMPAS-VDM directly edits models parametrically using geometric and dimensional constraints
- CAD Conversion Tool supports native data formats of all primary MCAD systems, including Dassault Systemes CATIA and SolidWorks, Siemens PLM NX, PTC Pro/Engineer, and Autodesk Inventor. This library is based on technology from CT CoreTechnologie and requires a license to be purchased separately).
Pricing and Availability
KOMPAS-3D V14 is available now through ASCON’s worldwide network of value added resellers. Please contact them for details and pricing. To locate the one nearest to your region, please visit ascon.net/en/main/partners/.
To try out the new functions, download our 30-day free trial of KOMPAS-3D V14 from ascon.net/en/download/kompas/.
|Previous news||News list||Next news|