KOMPAS and other solutions from ASCON can be purchased online from our partners. Please visit these online shops:
The Pipelines 3D add-on automates piping design. It is also suitable for use with the design of pipes in machinery and utility networks. You can create piping layouts from existing layouts, from existing document paths or by their elements, or as arbitrary layouts.
This add-on offers the following features:
- Creates piping layouts, perform a variety of editing operations on them.
- Manually arranges the pipeline’s elements.
- Arranges elements and specifies specific types of couplings for each element.
- Allows different insets for pipes.
- Cuts selected pipe couplings.
- Rearranges bearing faces.
- Edits diameters and wall thicknesses of pipes.
Pipelines can be created automatically, semi-automatically, or manually. In automatic mode, layouts are defined by routes, and each route can include several paths. This mode sets tees, outlets, and cutting of selected pipe couplings based on the paths included in the routes.
In semiautomatic mode, pipelines are created by selected segments of paths; outlets and cutting of selected pipe couplings can also be created.
In manual mode, separate pipes are drawn as segments or as continuous pipes, along with specifying the radii of pipe bends.
The add-on can use user-defined components, as well as ones from the Standardized Parts Catalog add-on. Standard elements are included in the add-on:
- Pipes defined by with user-specified parameters, such as designation, external diameter, and wall thicknesses.
- Pipes defined by parameters set by an integrated table of variables.
- Pipes defined by reference to materials and stock items.
- Outlets and tees defined by an integrated table of variables.
- Outlets and tees defined by the standard parts reference.