KOMPAS and other solutions from ASCON can be purchased online from our partners. Please visit these online shops:
The Animation add-on generates motion simulation of models developed with KOMPAS-3D.
This add-on offers the following features:
- Simulates the real-world motions of products and their parts.
- Uses the mates applied during 3D assemblies to define the displacement and rotation of parts.
- Automatically detects collisions, revealing design errors.
- Emulates the assembly and disassembly process of products, for use by interactive technical manuals.
- Creates kinetic-diagrams and saves them as sequential frames using KOMPAS-Graphic’s FRW fragments format.
- Outputs motion videos in AVI format.
- Plays back entire animations or from the current frame.
The Animation add-on allows you to examine the design’s usefulness and operation, but also helps improve the results from competitive project development. Animations consist of showing models move in sequential steps. Different parameters and types of part motions are available for animation, such as velocity, rotation frequency, and time. These settings are saved to standard XML-format text files.