Analysis of Kinematic and Dynamic — Universal Mechanism Express
The Universal Mechanism Express add-on applies dynamic, kinematic, and static analysis to 3D models. It is made for design engineers who need to find solutions involving the operation of machines and mechanisms.
Mechanisms are described by systems of rigid bodies, joints, and force elements. All necessary dynamic and kinematic variables are available for analysis from this add-on, including coordinates, velocities, acceleration, joint reaction forces, and spring forces. Real-time 3D animation is supported during the simulation process.
The add-on offers the following functions:
- Works with linear and harmonic time-dependent force elements of various types, which are included in a standard database.
- Models cam mechanisms and gear trains through contact force elements.
- Sets uniform, uniformly accelerated and decelerated motions, and harmonic oscillations for selected degrees of freedom in kinematic analyses.
- Applies parameters of force elements and kinematic expressions.
- Calculates positions of equilibrium; evaluates natural frequencies and eigen values of models, as defined by parameters
- Creates AVI video files of the simulation results.
- Plots graphs of every dynamic and kinematic variable.
The add-on includes twenty samples of dynamic models that model the kinematics and dynamics of car suspensions, engines, robots, machines, and other mechanisms. The online help includes detailed information on how best to prepare models for analysis, and step-by-step instructions for all stages of model creation and analysis process.